- Financial group comprising a banking and insurance business, as well as undertaking investments in international banks and leading service sector companies.
- Became the leader of the Iberian market in 2017, after completing the takeover bid for Banco BPI, achieving a combined market share of over 20% in long-term savings, 14% in loans and 13% in deposits.
- Spain's most extensive network, with over 5,000 branches and nearly 9,500 ATMs, complemented by a mobile and online banking service.
- With 14 million customers it has the largest client base in Spain, being the main bank for 1 in every 4 Spanish customers.
- Commitment to developing its banking activity based on the corporate values of quality, trust and social engagement.
- CriteriaCaixa reduced its stake in CaixaBank from 45.3% to 40% on 6 February 2017.
Business and segments
Breakdown of loan portfolio and net income contribution from different businesses
Data as at 12/31/2016