- Financial group comprising a banking and insurance business, as well as undertaking investments in international banks and leading service sector companies.
- Became the leader of the Iberian market in 2017, after completing the takeover bid for Banco BPI, achieving a combined market share of over 20% in long-term savings, 16% in loans and 14% in deposits.
- Spain's most extensive network, with over 5,000 branches and nearly 9,500 ATMs, complemented by a mobile and online banking service.
- With 14 million customers it has the largest client base in Spain, being the main bank for 1 in every 4 Spanish customers.
- Commitment to developing its banking activity based on the corporate values of quality, trust and social engagement.
Business and segments
Breakdown of loan portfolio and net income contribution from different businesses
Data as at 06/30/2017